Foreign Legal Life is a scientific journal published since 1956 by the Institute of Comparative. In 2016, Foreign Legal Life celebrated 60 years from its very first issue. Scientific and professional papers, comments on case-law, lectures from scientific and professional conferences, reviews of books, etc. are published in this journal. Published papers refer to comparative law and comparative case-law, in other words, legislation as well as legal practices of other countries. The journal is published quarterly – three editions in Serbian (with abstracts in English) and one in English. Articles can be published in other languages, upon the decision of the Editorial Board, providing the article is of the utmost importance.
The editors of Foreign Legal Life were:
- 1956 – 1958 (ending with number 11) – prof. dr Borislav Blagojević
- 1958 (since number 12) – 1959 (ending with number 16) – Nikola Srzentić
- 1959 (since number 17) – 1977 – prof. dr Borislav Blagojević
- 1978 – 1985 – prof. dr Borislav Blagojević as Editor in chief and prof. dr Vladimir Jovanović as Editor
- 1986 – 1993 – prof. dr Vladimir Jovanović (note: in 1988 the journal was not published)
- 1994 – 1997 – prof. dr Boris Krivokapić
- 1998 – 2000 – prof. dr Oliver Antić as Editor in chief and prof. dr Boris Krivokapić as Editor (note: No. 3 for the year 1999 was not published)
- 2001 – 2007 – prof. dr Boris Krivokapić
- 2008 – 2012 – dr Jovan Ćirić
- 2013 – 2017 – prof. dr Vladimir Čolović
- since 2018 – prof. dr Nataša Mrvić Petrović
Foreign Legal Life is categorised as M51 – scientific journal of great national importance. Members of the Editorial board are prominent professors and other experts from Serbia and abroad. Each paper and other contributions are peer-reviewed (two anonymous reviews). The Editorial Board makes the final decision about the publication of papers and other contributions.
Papers should be submitted in electronic form via platform Assistant (http://aseestant.ceon.rs/index.php/spz).